Thursday, May 17, 2012

OUR FATHER IS ALWAYS AT WORK!

Jesus said the Father is ALWAYS at work.  We often miss God working around us because we don’t know what His Work looks like, nor do we know when He’s inviting us to join Him because we spend so little, if any, quiet time in His Presence. 

There’s nothing more fulfilling than being able to discern where God is working and joining Him in that work.  Last week God invited me to join Him in His Work in the life of a certain individual.

About 8pm there was a knock on the door.  “Who is it?” I asked, no one answered.  I looked out the window and saw who I thought was my older brother but when I opened the door I saw it wasn’t him, it was someone unknown to me. 

“May I cut your lawn, ma’am?”
“For how much?”
“Do you have a back yard?” 
“Yes” I replied. 
“Let me take a look, you don’t have any dogs do you?”
“No.”
He went around the back of the house to look and returned. “Ma’am, I’ll cut your front and back yard for $20.00.”  

While he was cutting the grass, I went back to my writing.  In my mind I saw Abraham when he welcomed visitors and rushed to prepare a meal for them.  I became overwhelmed with the need to prepare dinner for this man that asked to mow my lawn. 
“Make some cornbread!”  I heard the Holy Spirit say.  So I quickly got up and made some cornbread, and heated up some spaghetti and my last piece of fried chicken.
 “What else Lord?” I asked.  As soon as the question left my mouth I thought about the “Knowing God Personally” tracts on my desk.  I ran upstairs and grabbed one and placed it with the napkins and fork atop the covered plate of food.

When he finished, I gave him the $20 and the food I had prepared. 
“God told me to fix you dinner” I said.
“God told you to fix me dinner?” he replied with a look of skepticism.
“God said you hadn’t had your dinner, and to fix you a plate to take with you.” 
“I didn't have dinner. I know there’s a God because you just proved to me that there is!  Thank you.”
 
As he walked away from the house I could hear him say, “I’ve got dinner!  Thank you, thank you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment